Monday, February 15, 2010

January into February

It's been awhile since the last post, and I apologize for that. We've been busy with our classes, conferences with parents, youth group, and much more, and things have started to seem so normal that I've been struggling to find a topic to post about. I suppose that most of you read because you care about us, so I'll divulge a little personal information before I go to the bullet points.
  • Amy took her class on a field trip to the Presidential Palace, an enjoyable excursion to be sure. She was proud of her students for asking such outstanding questions of their tour guide.
  • We spent our first Valentine's Day together as a married couple, and although we weren't extravagant, we did wander around a nature park together, where Amy took some pictures and I slapped mosquitoes. In case you're wondering, I'm still in love with Amy, and she still puts up with me, though why, I don't know.
  • We continue to build relationships with our students and pray hard that it's doing some good. We can only trust in God as we seek to serve Him, and it's sometimes hard, and sometimes we lose sight of what He's doing and get frazzled about a lack of "results," but the epic sweep of history is the story of His glorifying Himself by building His Kingdom, and we believe He'll do some of that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment